Monday, February 24, 2014

Fridge cake.

I always imagined how my future would be like. Can't help beaming whenever I think of how I'll get to spend weekends in the kitchen with the love of my life, teaching our little rascals to bake, and end up having a flour war. Totally something I'm looking forward to! As for now, it's just me in the kitchen on a Sunday "baking" a fridge cake.

Ingredients:



1. Condensed milk (I personally prefer Milkmaid, but you can get any brand you like.)
2. Nestle cream
3. Peaches (You can swap this with any of your favourite fruits.)
4. M.Y. San Gramhams (This is a Philippine brand of graham crackers which is available in Value Dollar stores.)
5. Chocolate bar

Directions:


1. Slice the peaches as thinly as you possibly can.


2. Pour the Nestle cream into a big mixing bowl. Pour in the condense milk slowly while stirring the mixture.

The amount of cream you use would determine the amount of cake you can make. For a rough gauge, three cans of cream is good for three square boxes of cakes.

The condense milk is the main ingredient that makes the cake sweet. My colleagues usually use one whole can of that with three cans of cream, which I find too sweet for my liking. So I pour in the condense milk bit by bit and taste the sweetness of the mixture as I go along. There's no fixed amount of condense milk to use, you just add till you're satisfied with the sweetness of the mixture.

Remember to stir the mixture well to get rid of any clots!



3. Break the graham crackers along the dotted lines to get small square pieces.


4. Cover the base of a container with a layer of graham crackers.


5. Pour in a layer of the mixture to cover the layer of graham crackers.


6. Lay the sliced peaches neatly on the layer of mixture.

7. Repeat steps 4-6 till you fill up the container.




8. If you're lazy, you can stop with peaches as the top layer. If not, you could grate a bar of chocolate to top of the last layer.

I used a 99% cocoa chocolate bar and I must say that the bitterness blends really well with the sweetness of the cake.


9. Put the cakes into the fridge to chill.


Wouldn't be long till the graham crackers soak up the mixture and you can enjoy your dessert!


Do try out the recipe! It's really easy! Get creative with your ingredients and leave me a comment/email to let me know how it turns out!



"This is my invariable advice to people: Learn how to cook- try new recipes, learn from your mistakes, be fearless, and above all have fun!" -Julia Child

With love,
 photo f60ffb83-5a2a-48b4-a5c7-8c11e00d3d4a_zps00748fdb.jpg
Clarabelle Faith

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!