Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Scratch map.

My parents travel a lot, even back when I was still a little girl. I vividly remember the countless times I waited eagerly for their return to fill me in about all their adventures. Of course, I'd never fail to dive into their luggage to dig for my presents!

Times when they brought my sister and me along, I just followed them blindly. Most of the time when I get back, other than knowing I visited a new country, I'm absolutely clueless about the names of the places, the history, etc. I guess I was still young and I took those trips for granted 'cause I wasn't paying a single cent. But all that has changed... ...


One of the best parts about turning 21 two years ago was getting the freedom to travel without my parents although it meant that I had to fork out my hard earned money to fund my trips. I believe travelling is the only thing you pay for yet get richer. I've since seized the opportunity and traveled to several places with my friends. More recently, I jetted off alone for the very first time in my entire life to the land down under (a country I've never stepped foot in before) to meet my girlfriends who were schooling there. I gladly traded cash for experiences that would last me a lifetime, and I must admit that every trip has been an eye opener. More importantly, I've learnt to be more modest after realising how huge the world is out there and how tiny a place I occupy.


'Cause of my insatiable desire to see the world and my love for Geography, I've always wanted to own a world map, one that I can stick on my wall for me to stare at and daydream. So I was over the moon when I saw the perfect world map on HipVan. Bought it without any hesitation and my parcel arrived today!


The cylinder that came with the map says, " They say a journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step. We say it begins with a single scratch! Scratch map is a large, high quality wall map which features a gold top foil layer. Why? So you can scratch off all the places you've visited to reveal a whole new world below, featuring vibrant colour and geographical detail. The result is a totally unique and personalised world map."

A scratch map! How cool is that?! Especially when it has gold foil which makes it look exquisite. I can't wait to start scratching!



You can get this map from here. It's the perfect gift for the intrepid traveller in you!

I can't wait to start scratching!

"Now more than ever do I realise that I will never be content with a sedentary life, that I will always be haunted by thoughts of a sun-drenched elsewhere." -Isabelle Eberhard

With love,
 photo f60ffb83-5a2a-48b4-a5c7-8c11e00d3d4a_zps00748fdb.jpg
Clarabelle Faith

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!