Sunday, November 23, 2014

GLOMAX Aesthetics.

I've always had a phobia of going for facials 'cause the time my mum brought me for my first ever facial, the aesthetician left scars all over my face after the session. Years later, when I finally found the only aesthetician that I trusted my face with, she decided to quit. So I can't remember the last time I went for a facial until GLOMAX Aesthetics -- The Face Artistry invited me over for one recently.


GLOMAX Aesthetics is nestled on the sixth floor (#06-168) in Soho 2 which is a stone's throw away from The Central at Clarke Quay. Pretty easy to locate!

This face artistry has been given several awards over the years -- Best anti-acne facial by Women's Weekly, best pre-party prep facial by SimplyHer to name a few. If awards aren't enough to convince you, the team at GLOMAX Aesthetics are made up of highly trained beauty masters, with all staff having over 3 years of experience in the beauty industry.

I'd consider myself to have rather good skin other than the occasional break outs at the T-zone during the time of the month. Which is why after I had my skin consultation with the experts, I was actually quite surprised that I've got rather dull skin due to the accumulation of dead skin cells.

I was recommended the 90 minutes Luminous Detox Energie Care Treatment:
The ultimate skin purification, this Diamond Microdermabrasion invigorates cellular renewal to treat clogged, pigmented and sallow skin. No steaming is used, instead, a Sonic Cleansing machine vibrates the dirt off the skin, preparing the skin for any manual extraction. After which, High Frequency machine is used to repair and calm any open wounds, speeding up the skin's natural healing. Designed with a customised cocktail of vitamins to refresh and strengthen the skin protective barrier, the skin immediately comes out looking clean and glowing inside out. Ends off with a customised mask.
Every one of us have different skin issues, therefore there are 5 different customised cocktail of vitamins that cater to the different skin types......
Whitening: Vitamin C (promotes collagen production), Pentawhite (anti-oxidant, super whitening), Green tea extract (anti-oxidant, whitening, anti-bacterial, lightening)  
Anti-aging: Collagen, Retinol Q-10, Maravelane (anti-wrinkle, strengthen collagen formation), DNA (strengthen cells, anti-oxidant), Vitamin E (hydrating, anti-ageing)  
Anti-oxidant: Tovo E (super anti-pxidant, hydrating), Beta carotene (super anti-oxidant), Alpha lipoic acid (400x stronger than Vitamin C, super anti-oxidant) 
Acne/Oily: Acne lotion (reduce inflammatory in acne, repair), Acne gel (anti-inflammatory, soften dead skin cells, regulate sebum), Comedo lotion (soften blackheads, whiteheads, regulate sebum) 
Sensitive: Chamomile extract (combat allergies), Pentacalmin (anti-inflammatory, repair broken capillary, anti-oxidant), ST complex

The diamond microdermabrasion is basically a suction machine that helps remove dead skin cells. It's like a sucker fish that sucks up all the dirt. And you don't have to worry about pain 'cause it's definitely pain free. Moreover, the energy of the suction can be controlled. My aesthetician used the lowest energy for my face since I naturally have broken capillaries which she did not want to exacerbate it.


A hell lot of dead skin cells to my horror! I think I need to do facial scrubs more often from now on.


Initially, the diamond microdermabrasion was only done on the right half of my face. It doesn't really show up in the photo, but when I looked in the mirror, the right half of my face was significantly brighter than my left! Even the darkness under my eye and pimple scars were lightened.


No more yellow sallow skin!


Next was the sonic cleansing. The machine makes use of vibrations to remove dirt such as black and white heads to prep the skin for manual extraction of stubborn pimples later on.


This high frequency machine was used after manual extraction to calm the open wounds and speed up the healing process. If there was any form of pain in the whole process, this was the part. It felt prickly and as if there were tiny sparks on the face. Yet, nothing unbearable.


Needless to say, this was my favourite part of the facial. Since I've got sensitive skin, my aesthetician was super nice and added chamomile extract for me as well. Two thumbs up for awesome service! I appreciate when people go the extra mile to provide better service for their customers.

It was a great experience at GLOMAX Aesthetics. The staff were all very friendly and they made me feel so at home by constantly holding conversations instead of leaving me in awkward silence. And the results (even after just one session) are amazeballs! My breakouts have cleared up a lot faster since my facial; my skin has a brighter glow from inside out and so much smoother.


If you guys are interested to try out the facial to see the incredible results for yourselves, here's a sweet deal!

For first time customers, quote my name "Clarabelle"when you make an appointment to enjoy the 90 minutes Luminous Detox Facial (with a cocktail of vitamins customised to your skin type) for $88 instead of the usual $169!

Otherwise, I'll also be holding not one, but 2 free facial giveaways on my Instagram! Do look out for that 'cause the facials are worth $108-400 each!

GLOMAX Aesthetics -- The Face Artistry
12 Eu Tong Sen Street
Soho 2, #06-168
Singapore 059819

Contact: 6225 5193
Instagram: @glomaxaesthetics

"Glamour is about feeling good in your own skin."
- Zoe Saldana

 photo f60ffb83-5a2a-48b4-a5c7-8c11e00d3d4a_zps00748fdb.jpg
Instagram @clarabellefaithng
Ask.fm @clarabellefaithng

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!